Monday, September 7, 2009

The History of Medicine

Recently I was searching the Internet for a specific Lyme protocol using my favorite new doTERRA essential oils. Instead, I was gifted with a current Lyme protocol and study using my recently discovered Nature’s Sunshine products. Along with the discovery I came across this humorous treasure, “The History of Medicine.” To all those with difficult health issues, navigating the challenging road to wellness . . . Enjoy!

The History of Medicine

• 2000 BC: “Here, eat this root.”
• 1000 AD: “That root is heathen. Here, say this prayer.”
• 1850 AD: “That prayer is superstition. Here, drink this potion.”
• 1940 AD: “That potion is snake oil. Here, swallow this pill.”
• 1985 AD: “That pill is ineffective. Here, take this antibiotic.”
• 2009 AD: “That antibiotic is artificial and does not work anymore. Here, eat this root!”
~ Dr Richard Horowitz, Hyde Park, NY

1 comment:

  1. I love this history of medicine. It seems so true. I believe it when they say a doctor "practices" medicine. It is constantly changing.

    ReplyDelete