Sunday, July 5, 2009

Angels On My Shoulder

Last night I had a dream. I was in my car at the bottom of a very steep crossroad, trying to make a left hand turn that would change my direction to a flat and normal road. However the cars on the upper portion of the crossroad kept coming towards me, making it impossible to turn. The first car came across the road at an alarming speed. I must have been unprotected in a convertible, because I barely ducked my head in time to miss the out of control, speeding car that had suddenly became airborne, flying over my head and landing directly in back of me. Then a second vehicle, which was a large truck, literally came flying across the road above my head. Surprisingly the truck suddenly tipped sideways in the air, landing beside my car, narrowly missing me. Finally a third object, also airborne came barreling towards me. I realized this object was a house and I felt immediate fear, probably like the anxiety the wicked witch felt just before Dorothy's house fell on her in the Wizard of Oz. Miraculously, just before my impending doom, the house was suddenly lifted upward, as if it had wings. It gracefully floated away like a balloon caught in a gentle breeze. At this point I woke up.

In pondering my dream and the many miracles and coincidences that have occurred during the last few months, I interpreted my dream in the following way: I am sitting at the crossroads of the very long and steep road where my healing journey began. I am now prepared with the knowledge I need to navigate my way towards a new path. Yet obstacles are constantly coming towards me trying to prevent me from doing so. However, miraculously the obstacles are removed at the very instant they need to be!

Over the last several months numerous people have gone out of their way in time, distance and personal expense to help me. These individuals did not even know me. I had contacted them because of family and friends. In each of the instances, upon seeing my dire condition, they expressed doubt in being able to help me. And then suddenly, as if angels on my shoulders whispered in their ears, each individual expressed a desire to help and formulated a plan, completely dismissing their previous fears.

I don’t know who my guardian angels are, but I know they are here beside me helping me. I’ve seen people’s attitudes change and their faces of fear and doubt turn to love and compassion. I pray each morning for His spirit to be with me, and I know He has responded by sending His Heavenly messengers!

“I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, . . . my Spirit shall be in your [heart], and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.” ~ D&C 84:88

“I testify of angels, both the heavenly and the mortal kind. In doing so I am testifying that God never leaves us alone, never leaves us unaided in the challenges that we face.” (“The Ministry of Angels,” General Conference, October 2008) ~ Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

1 comment:

  1. I told my mom that reading your blog is like reading a GC talk. Thanks for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete